Will I ever make it home....
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Jarhead
So, yesterday..I went and watched Jarhead with my sweetheart. And to say the least, it was an awesome movie. I ahte war movies and stuff, and to see that it didn't mainly focus on the war in the gulf(Desert Storm) was rather refreshing. Instead the film depicts the story that a young Marine in that environment goes through. All the actors did an extraordinary job in making me feel as though I actually knew the characters as my own friends, instead of just lines they read. It was an awesome film, and Jamie Foxx is an outstanding actor, and to see him in this film is awesome. He actually reminded me of a couple Drill Sergeants I had in Basic and AIT. Jake Gyllenhaal, is fucking just so damn....HOT in this movie. He bulked up a lot, but he looks fabulous! The story was good. I think I might actually read the book, just to see how the film differs from it. I highly reccomend this movie to anyone. It's a good movie, that is raunchy and emotional, without being overwrought and overdone with the war. It is good to see that the characters are more realistic than on those on "Over there" or whatever the hell that show is called. They are all relatable and the gimmicks that they do, are what being in the "suck" is all about. I'm gonna have to call my brother and ask him if it is actually like that in the USMC...I wouldn't know....I'm just an Army chick. But yeah, if you wanna see Jake shakin' that ass in a christmas hat like it ain't no one's business (ladies)...then check it out. If you wanna see shit blow up, and dead bodies (fellas)...check it out. All in all it's a great movie, and I will definitely add it to my collection once it is available.
posted by The Devil @ 10:23 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER