Will I ever make it home....
Monday, November 14, 2005
Motivating Monday Music


Different Music to motivate you...Couldn't find the actual MP3s for some of these guys...but check out their sites...most of them have music on them...check it out and enjoy. Happy Manic Monday!

This band has awesome instumentals, classic and clean. Nothing overly done, the vocals are serene and the sound is just comforting. Good stuff for a Monday, not too busy, and just soft enough to wake you up without pissing you off, even if you haven't had enough sleep or coffee, yet.

  • John Butler Trio

  • This guy's voice is soulful and just reminds me of ol' school music. He has a honest, raspy quality that invites you to keep listening. It is sexy, yet smart. I highly recommend him for those who like the soft set of music, think Jazz, ya'll.

  • Marc Broussard


  • This is an old band that I have loved for awhile and I just love sharing them with people. Ya'll have probably heard of them. Had a couple singles back in like 2000. I think they are a talented bunch and they should keep making beautiful music! Well, they have a pretty new album (Mar. '05) and it's good stuff...You can sample it here:

  • Dishwalla

  • This band is awesome, I think they are my new favorite band. The singer has an awesome voice, it stands out agaisn't the music. The lyrics are intelligable and just touch an innate part of me that is sensitive and I don't wanna get into, at this moment! I think you should check it out, you might like it.

  • Ingram Hill

  • These guys are real old and their song "Fade into you" gets played on many teen movies, but they are a rocking band, and I still love their unique sound, the lead singer has an amazing voice plus the band instrumentals add some real flair to their simple songs. Well, it makes for a perfectly different combination...like peanut butter and jelly, and who can resist that? Enjoy!

  • Mazzy Star

  • This has been one of my favorite bands for about a year now. They rock. They are a little mellow, but every now and then they throw in a little punk in there to mix it up. "She Says" was the first I heard of them, but they also sing "Seeing Red" one of those songs that's just great to listen to anytime. They have smart lyrics that have catchy choruses that will surely make them a favorite of yours, too!

  • Unwritten Law

    Another new band, getting a lot of play on MTV and even on the radio here and there. I like the sound that they create. Very talented frontman, incredible voice! I love it, soothing and yet, makes me wanna get up and jump around! Perfect for Monday! Good stuff. Punky enough for Monday. Savor the flavor, 'cus "Sugar we're going down"!!(Yes, I realize how gay that was!)
  • Fall Out Boy

  • Another band that I sort of learned to love, gradually. They have a very different sound, but their songs have this Je ne sais quois quality that keeps me coming back for more. And now I got my son bopping his head to these tunes. "Be my Escape" is one of my all-time favorite songs. They mix a lot of genres but it all comes out to be good stuff. Check it out!

  • Relient K

  • Alright, that's enough for now. Have fun, ya'll!
    posted by The Devil @ 12:31 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: The Devil
    Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
    About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
    See my complete profile
    Dear Diary
    Past Indiscretions
    Shoutbox

    "Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

    The Ones I Adore
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER