Will I ever make it home....
Sunday, November 05, 2006
To the ghost of my past
My wings were broken, The tears were shed
What was not spoken, Was left for dead

You deceived me, Beyond belief
I was not let be, In my bitter grief

I struck back, I glinted steel
I was under attack, Just to feel

I saw the sun rise, And watched the sun set
I could but only sigh, And feel immense regret

Wanted to be great, Wanted to move beyond
I was utterly upset, But I was empty and wronged

And as I let go, You came to me
Begged for me so; Again, I didn't see

Second chances, Wings still torn
Lost glances, Feelings forlorn

I asked for your best, yet I received nothing.
It must have been a test, It was something?

But I can't remember, Your face or your smile
Was it in November? It's been such a while.

I sigh with relief, as I find myself today
To think that was grief! No, sir. No, way.

So, goodbye and goodnight, sleep well everynight.
As you mutter my name, and hold yourself tight.

Please remember me as I was then.
Because I am different, and happier.

Two things you will never know.
All because you decided to let go....
posted by The Devil @ 5:14 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER