Will I ever make it home....
Monday, December 26, 2005
My Christmas Story
For those of you who don't know me very well, I used to have a roommate when I first moved to the DC area. I left everything I had because we had planned on living together. So I packed my car up, and drove the 1800 miles to get here with not much besides the clothes in my car and a couple of things I decided to take from what was left of my marriage. One month we lived together! ONE MONTH! She ended up deciding to move to Texas with her "husband" and try to work things out. She left me in a quite a pickle. Homeless, alone, and broke in DC. Not that I am mad at her, but I did place blame on her for a lot of my misfortune in the coming months after she left. I told her that things weren't going to change between her and her hubby, since I had already gone through that in my marriage. Just because you move to a different state doesn't mean that they will change, for the better or for good. So she calls me on Friday. Here's the story.
-Her: "Hey, what's up? How are you doing? How's Gabe?
-Me: "We're doing good. He's huge! Have had a couple problems with money...You know how it goes..."
-Her: "I'm back in Virginia! What are you doing for Christmas? Do you have any plans?"
-Me: "Well, no. I was just going to sit around the house...spend 'quality' time with Gabe...ha ha..."
-Her: "Well, do you want to come to my mom's house and spend Christmas with us? You should see the baby! He's huge! He has six teeth and is crawling already."
-Me: "Wow! I haven't seen him in like 3 months...Why are you back? I thought you were just here in November?"
-Her: "Well, I left him. Yeah."
-Me: "Really? Why? Same old shit?"
-Her: "Yeah."
-Me: "Well, I'll call you on Sunday and you can give me the directions to your momma's house and we can spend Christmas together."
-Her: "Okay, talk to you later!"
-Me: "Alright...bye."
So in this like 5 minute conversation, you see...I went from having no plans at all to actually having something to do. I was sort of excited and a little pissed that she called me.
I was hoping she didn't want to see if I would possibly move in with her after how she just up and left like that. But I'm a good friend and I wanted to make sure she was doing okay. So off we go. Packed the kid up and drove the 50 miles to Burke. And I see her again. She looks awesome. Hair all "did" and looking all adorable! I looked frumpy as always..lol.. But oh well...it happens that way when you're a single mom. She has never met Gabe and is delighted to see how "smart" he is. He's fussing over the baby (he loves babies!), and the dog. There's an akward moment. Just a split second. But it's over. No need to be angry anymore. After all I've been through in the past few months. Moving to Germantown has worked out better for me and Gabe. I was prepared to talk to her, should the question arise. No, I wasn't willing to live in Virginia again. No, I liked living alone and so did Gabe. No, I didn't want to maybe move in together and try again, for sake of Randy and for Gabe. But alas, it was not mentioned. Not once. And I was relieved. Now, her mom is a character. I'll tell ya! She is not a typical mother. But I am learning that most white moms aren't! Maybe it's just a hispanic thing, but moms aren't supposed to be friends...they're parents. No matter how old you are. But this lady...well, she's CRAZY...cool. Though, I think she is quite the oddball. Within minutes of first meeting her, she farted on me...Yes, she did! Hiked up her butt and all...lol.......So her mom is single and met this guy at a gay stipper joint and invited him over. I can't say if he was gay or not even though the impression he gave would tell me, he's definitely a pillow biter. Then, they tell me he was one of the "dancers" at the joint....lol...And he is just this pessimistic, down guy. He has this little Jack Russell terrier who is just a spoiled brat and nipping and barking it's head off at everything. We were trying to talk and have a good time, but there he was sitting in between us, looking uncomfortable and moping. Like it was torture for him to be there. How dare us invite him over to spend Christmas with us?! So he ended up leaving and we end up having a much better time, making fun of him....lol....cruel, maybe? But that's how we are when we are together. They end up giving me all this nice stuff. And I felt bad. Because well, I was too broke to even buy Gabe some nice presents, much less buy someone else anything. So the night continued and we just sat there, full bellies, laughing at the "gay" guy. Even though her mom is convinced he is just bi. SO yeah, that was my Christmas. Without Randy. I miss him very much and can't wait till Wednesday. Hope ya'll had a very good Christmas...and happy holidays!

posted by The Devil @ 10:29 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger thtgrl said…

    wow! bet you didn't think that's what you'd be doing. it's nice to get a surprise like that. glad to hear you had a good one (fart and all!)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said…

    Glad you had a nice Christmas. And some laughs..

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Martini Love said…

    Happy New Year!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER