Will I ever make it home....
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Things I am Thankful For....
With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I have noticed that I never take a moment to reflect back on all the blessings in my life. I have my own place, not fully furnished but with the essentials, I have a healthy, beautiful (if at times frustrating!) 2 year old, I have a steady job, my health, a great boyfriend (who treats me much too good!), and a very close-knit family (albeit in Texas, but still close to each other in spirit). I am thankful for having another day to live, to breath, to experience the beautiful world around me. Maryland, although not my favorite place to be in, is beautiful at this time of year. There is fall outside, something I have never truly experienced in Texas, but it's wonderful. The leaves on the trees are magnificently beautiful. It's just gorgeous outside. The air smells crisp and just so seasonal to me. I am not used to that smell, but I have grown to like it. I'm not a fan of cold weather, but it's nice to wear layers of clothing (hides the fat ass!), and to be able to purchase my first scarf, my first winter hat, and my first pair of real gloves. It's awesome! I have never seen snow, and who knows? They predicted snow for Thanksgiving, so we'll see! I can't wait. I am cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner (with the major assitance of Jareh!), and we are going to have a bunch of our families together. It's going to be rather interesting. Oh, Randy cooked for me last night, it was soooooooo good. I couldn't believe it! I ate so much I wanted to puke, it was that good. Yeah, I don't deserve him at all. I don't know what I have done to deserve such a wonderful person in my life, but man, am I GLAD! So in giving thanks....Here goes.
  • For having Gabriel as my child, even though he frustrates me and I get so pissed off at him a lot of the time because he wont listen. I still love him unconditionally.
  • For Randy, because he loves me and treats me better than I have ever been treated. He listens to me rant and doesn't complain.
  • For my family. Yes, we are a big mess and we have so much drama, but we love each other and are always there when we need each other.
  • For my ex-husband. Odd, maybe? But he taught me a lot about relationships and what I am willing to sacrifice in them. I have learned about who I am, and who I refuse to be.
  • For the people I work with. Yes, they get on my nerves, but they have been a mini-support group when I was down on my luck.
  • For every bad and good experience I have had. They have molded me into the person that I am today.
  • For being in the Army. I have proved just about everyone wrong about me. I'm not a little sissy girl, dammit!
  • For the people who donated all the wonderful food that I shall cook for Thanksgiving.
  • For all the people who will take a chance and eat my Thanksgiving dinner....lol...
  • For cat naps, in the middle of the day, when you are tired.
  • For Child Support Checks arriving just in time.
  • For bed time stories, so I can spend an extra 15 minutes being silly with my son.
  • For being able to sleep in sometimes.
  • For my morning coffee and smoke, before I have to start the day.
  • For hot showers, followed by a warm towel.
  • For make-up to cover unexpected pimples and hickeys.....lol....
  • For daydreaming, goals, dreams, hope, and faith.
  • For my warm blanket, and my wonderful body pillow...that huge bed also helps...it's like buttah.
  • For my heated leather seats....yum, toasty butt!
posted by The Devil @ 1:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER