Will I ever make it home....
Monday, January 23, 2006
Reflection, on things past....
Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never know what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things.

I tend to remember a lot of insignificant things. Smells. Tastes. People's hands. Eyes. The way they walk. I notice a lot of things that most don't. I tend to become rather nostalgic, especially as of late. I look back at a past that haunts me, yet is silenced by the happy times I share with him, now. I have played many different roles in the past, and I have known to be a rather different person in each relationship. I think all people are like that. We are all different in each relationship. I have been the hopeless romantic, the damsel-in-distress, the heartless bitch, the battered victim, the unhappy adultress, the mistress, the golddigger, the fuck buddy, and countless others. Those are just the relationships that I can recall at the moment. Maybe not as significant as some others, but those are a few of the roles that I have partaken in. But lately I haven't done either. I haven't faked being someone to be more appealing. I haven't fluffed myself up or dumbed myself down to be someone's illicit fantasy. I have been......ME. Plain and simple.

I read back on all my myspace blog entries and see so many parts of me, shinning through the mirred words.

I see my cry for help. I see myself trying to surface. Trying.

But never truly getting through.

I've always been afraid of who I am. For many reasons:

  1. I don't think I'm as nice as I wish I was.
  2. I say things without thinking of the consequences.
  3. I try too hard to make everyone happy.
  4. I have become a rather selfish and introverted person lately.
  5. I have never been able to get past my guilt and resentment towards things and people.
  6. I don't know if I really love myself.

I just reflect on my past a lot. To see how I have grown. And to value the wonderful things in my life, such as Randy. Last night he ran a bath for me. It had to be the one and only thing that no one has ever really done for me, that I have always wanted. I mean he does these amazing things for me, that others may think are simple or what-not, but I have never had someone treat me like that. I don't even know how to act. Should I be mad? Glad? I don't want to grow accustomed to something that may not occur as often later on. He buys me flowers and chocolates and writes me sweet things.

And then I feel guilty for not doing these things in return. But I don't want him to think that I am just copying him. I want to have my own original ideas. I want him to know that I love him and think of him all day. That I dream of him at night and that I can't wait to see him after work. It brightens my days. Last night as I soaked and pruned up in my bath, I stared at the candles burning...and I had a moment of silence underwater. I just heard the mechanical heartbeat of my washing machine. I lay there underwater. Floating. Suspension without suspense. It was great. I tried to remember some of the nice things my ex-husband did for me. I couldn't think of any. Just the occasional bouquet of carnations, to apologize for never being there. He seldom helped me. I had to nag him to do simple chores around the house. Randy does them automatically. And it frightens me. I don't know how to thank him. Or how to tell him that he doesn't need to do that.

He is always helping me. I never help him. And that bothers me.

I don't want him to feel as though I just keep around so he can wash my dishes or take out my trash. Or to help with groceries. I want him to know that I don't need those things even though I truly appreciate it. I'm dumbfounded at times. He just does things. Without me asking. And I don't know what to say.

So thank you, Randy. I love you. For being a better man, than any I have ever known.

For loving me freely and openly.

For taking the time and effort to do sweet things for me, when I don't deserve them.

For coming over and holding me while we sleep.

For just being you. Perfect. For. Me.


posted by The Devil @ 12:45 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger RC666 said…

    Give some credit to where it's due, though I may have thought of doing some things on my own, the bath and cookies are from the book(the christmas present) But I truely do think you deserve everything, I know you don't need me to do anything. I'm just not the kind of person who can sit around your house and not help out, since I am there all the time. Don't feel guilty for not "paying me back" or whatever for the things I do, that's not why I do them. I want nothing in return except for you to know how much you mean to me, how much I love you, and hope you realize that you deserve to be happy because you do work really hard at trying to please everyone else.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger thtgrl said…

    "I don't want to grow accustomed to something that may not occur as often later on."

    sometimes these things fade faster than we want. you are lucky (and obviously grateful) that you still have these things.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER