Will I ever make it home....
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Ideals....in people...
So, I wasn't tagged. But I read Martini Love's Blog and saw that it had a post on the "perfect" person for her, described in 8 attributes. After thinking about it for an hour or so...I think I came up with a suitable list, that describes what I think is important. Decided I would give it a shot. So, here goes....

1. Sense of Humor.

Simple, right? And I don't mean a stand-up comic, either. I mean someone who can laugh at the stupid things I do, or find amusing. Someone who can share my sense of humor (as odd as it is), and actually not categorize me as odd. Someone who can understand my dry, sarcastic humor. Not sadistic, just sarcastic.....Like me!

2. A Good Heart. (Not just health wise!)

Another thing that is key, for me. I like to know that the person is compassionate, has the capacity to emphatize, is understanding of other's situations. And isn't rashly judgemental. This can also show that they have the capacity to love and to care for people. I'm a giver. It wouldn't be suitable for me to be with someone who is a taker.

3. Sensitive.

And I don't mean someone who will be a sucker and cry at every moment (that would be gay!). I mean someone who can understand that I am "hyper-sensitive". I get my feelings easily hurt, but I try to roll with the punches. Someone who can sense when they have hurt me, and can understand how I feel. Someone who can be sensitive to my needs, as a woman.

4. A Good Communicator.

I suck in this department. I always have. I tend to bottle things up and let them simmer, until I explode. But that isn't a great way of keeping relationships alive. So, I have tried to be open and be a much better communicator and listener. It's worked so far, and I am still learning how to do it. Expression is not just verbal! I still need a lot of patience with this from both the receiving end and myself.

5. Patient.

I need someone who can understand that I need time. I move slow. I eat slow. It takes me awhile to wake up in the mornings, and to actually get stuff done. Why? Well, it's not that I'm lazy. I'm just a perfectionist and need everything to be exactly perfect. I need someone who can be patient with a lot of things in my life. Such as my friendships, my family, and my ex. He is annoying as hell, but he is my child's father and he is going to be a part of my life till my son grows up.

6. Passionate.

I mean it about everything. About life, love, work, relaitonships, people. Whatever that motivates them and keeps them looking and loving life. Someone who can be passionate and not subdued all the time. Who can love life and the intensity of it, like I do. Someone who looks towards the past, present and future with fire in their hearts. I love that!

7. Honest/Sincere.

No one wants their partner to be a liar, or to be insincere. I am very gullable, and I usually pretty much believe what anyone says. It's hard to do, and most people think it's naive of me, but it's how I am. I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt, till they prove me wrong. So, it's easier to be with someone who can be honest, not hide big things from you, and can just be down-right sincere.

8. Clean/Neat.

Why? Because I can't stand cleaning up after people. AND I hate people who are messy. I don't see how people can function when there is a mess in their house, or cars, or personal space. It drives me nuts. I'm a neat-freak, and I love to clean! So, it's nice to be with someone who helps clean and not make a mess. Or at least pick up their own mess!

So, I tag everyone. Well, the like 2 people who read my blog I suppose. LMAO....Anywho....Most of these attributes are in the person I am with (Randy). And I am very lucky to find someone that I mesh well with and that loves me, too. So, have fun...It'll be nice to see what ya'll write.

I'm off to get my kiddo. He has a rash on his butt, and I gotta get him from daycare.
posted by The Devil @ 11:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER