Will I ever make it home....
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Three's a crowd....

I've been pretty blah, lately. Not having too much to complain about. And there's been a million things I would like to have discussed on here (with my 2 readers), but for lack of real privacy, I suppose I have chosen to keep silent and just let the thoughts keep grinding in my head and heart. But I can't keep doing that. Writing has always been one of my outlets, and since I am currently not going to therapy anymore, I have to find a good medium to express myself. And I suppose I shall begin. But before I actually get into what I want to write about, I want to issue a "disclaimer" if you will. To anyone who may read this and think this has something to do with them, it does...yet, it doesn't. I have been feeling like this from the get-go, but it's just now beginning to become an issue. I hope you don't get your feelings hurt over this, but I'm just worried.


As most of you know, I have a kid. He is not impaired in anyway. He is healthy, bright, and an almost 3 year-old. My wonderful boyfriend accepted this when we first started dating. Most guys would have chosen the other route, of either being a booty call, or to not be there at all. But no, he understood where I was coming from and decided to stick around. Maybe I should have waited to have them meet. Maybe I shouldn't have brought him around my son so much, so quickly. Maybe I should be a better parent, and stop being so selfish. Maybe.....maybe....maybe.

But I can't change the course that I have chosen to take. Nor, can I really change all the awful things I have done. I just need to figure how to make this equation work for us. I love both of them very much. And if I were to choose, well I'd have to stick with my child. Not saying that I would just discard the wonderful person in my life, but it's my duty as his mother. I never wanted to be a single mother, for this reason. The first couple of months were great, but each day my child is getting meaner, and more annoying. He annoys me. And I feel horrible for admitting that, but he does. I feel like I can't take him anywhere anymore. He does this whole: "I want this....and I want that....I want this....", until I basically have to hurry up and scramble out of a store before I loose my fucking mind. And then he hits me. And pushes me. And talks back to me. My dad tells me that I need to set the rules right now! Because he needs to learn that I am the boss. But it's so hard. I feel so guilty. For so many things. I hate spanking him. It makes me feel like shit. I feel like I might go off and get too pissed and beat the shit out of him. I've spanked him hard enough a couple of times to welt up his little behind. And I cried so hard after I did that. I felt like the world's worst mother.

I've been to a couple parenting classes. But their methods don't work with my kid. I've tried time-outs. Taking stuff away. Spanking. Yelling. Trying to talk to him. Everything that I can think of. And still nothing. I look at my kid, and basically hate him for making me feel so damn worthless. And I want to go out, and have fun. And do "couple" things with my love. But I can't. I feel guilty for leaving my kid all day at daycare, so I can work, and then wanting more "me" time. I want to just runaway in the night. To leave everything. I'm so worn down, and just feel broken. I look at the pictures of my beautiful son at my desk, and I can't help but feel like I let him down. Like maybe if he were happier, he would listen to me more. And do the things I ask of him. I try to go out of my way to make sure that he is happy. But I still feel like I am failing.

I also think, at the moment (or maybe always!), that my son's behaviour is annoying Randy. He mentioned it last night. I was kind of hurt. I tried to laugh it off. But it did really hurt my feelings. Because I felt like it's my fault that my son is so out of control. I have let his behaviour slip through the cracks of my parenting, because I am mirred in guilt over my parenting. Maybe if he spends a couple of nights alone without Gabe to annoy him, he'll be okay. But if this is going to be a serious relationship, how is going to act when he doesn't have his place to runaway to? Is he going to resent me for the way I parent? I never learned how to be a mom. I'm still learning. I don't know how I will make it through the end of this week. But I know I will. I will learn how to be a better mom. I'm trying to play mommy and daddy to a 2 year-old. It's hard. I have to give a lot of kudos to any single parent out there that hasn't lost their mind.

What should I do? I don't want you not want to spend time with me, because of Gabe. I know I am a pushover. And I fail on all my punishments. I am too leniant. I get lazy. I don't know how to be a mom. I don't think I can control my child. All I know is that I love both of ya'll very much. My life would be very empty without each of you. I just, I don't know. I'm worried.
posted by The Devil @ 9:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER