Will I ever make it home....
Saturday, November 25, 2006
You.
My balance is so off right at this moment. I feel like I am constantly losing ground. I take one step forward and five back. I can't get to where I want and I am tired of sitting here hating myself. But I can't make everyone happy. Much less myself. This is so hard.

I am at a crossroads. I would have given up 3 years ago. But circumstances prevent me. As I dip into the waters of uncertainty and drown in unhappiness, I begin to ponder. I feel the waters filling my lungs, the slow burn of a fire inside diminishing and completely dimming into blackness. I feel like a charred piece of paper. Unseen, black, and empty of information. I don't know where to turn.

I hate that I am pretending. I am pretending. Always pretending. But I am not happy. I am masking my sadness with a smile. I yell, I scream, I fight. But I lose myself. I lose myself like I have so many things in my past. To think that I thought this was healthy. But I look at myself sitting there so young, naive. And so full to the brim with laughter. I see now where I am going wrong, but like any accident of hope, I can not bring myself to stop it. I have no one to turn to. I have isolated myself in this facade. How could I have lost sight of me? When did I forget about my hopes and dreams? Did the Army brainwash me into thinking like them? Am I forever lost in this isolation??

Why am I so cruel? Why am I so unjust? Why do the words fall from my mouth like daggers, aimed at those who love me? Why can't I be more patient? More loving? Why?

I have questions, but I can not articulate them. For fear of your reactions. For fear of your consequence. I am lost. So lost.

But I will continue to pretend. And as I cry in my dreams, so as to not disturb you, I will feel the suffocating desperation that is burning inside of me.

All because I love you.
posted by The Devil @ 7:57 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER