Will I ever make it home....
Friday, March 24, 2006
Make me unselfish, without being blind...
"Let me be patient let me be kind
Make me unselfish without being blind
Though I may suffer I'll envy it not
And endure what comes
Cause he's all that I got
And tell him...
Tell him I need him
Tell him I love him
And it'll be alright"


In just a couple of months Gabe will be going back to Texas. I will be there to drop him off. To return him to our birthplace. To return him into the embrace of his father. I will not get to spend the summer with him. I will miss our trips to the pool, and to the lake. I will miss lazy Sunday's at Trader's Village in the company of my boisterous family. I will miss us laying the itchy grass outback, soaking in the summer sun. I will miss the crickets with their llulaby. I wont get to see him play softball, or to see him put on his first pair of soccer shorts. I will miss him getting on my nerves. His talking back to me. His laugh. His smell. I will miss his cries out to me in the middle of the night. I will even miss him waking me up at 6 on the weekends. I already ache for him. It's not enough time. I have taken him for granted. I get angry too quickly. He will come back a boy. No longer my baby. He is independent, curious, and stubborn. He takes after me. His embrace, albeit rough will be sorely missed. I will probably fall apart. My heart breaks thinking that I wont see him everyday. I am missing what is here, now. What if something were to occur and I wasn't there to kiss the pain away? Will he despise me? Will he ever understand why I am doing this? I need the break, don't get me wrong. I need to go to school. I need to better myself in order to provide. I plan on finishing up my time playing Army. Six years of my life wasted. I haven't accomplished much if anything at all. I am seen as nothing but a blip in the radar. There one second, and gone the next. I will cry my heart out, when I leave him. Cold turkey is difficult. It's not easy to have him here and to just deposit him into his father's care. But I am not here to deny him of a father. It's not my motive to divorce him of his father's love. My perogative was to divorce my XH, not divorce our families. Before he leaves, we need to find a bigger place, have everything moved in and ready for when Aaron comes and visits Randy. How funny. As I leave my child, Randy will have Aaron here. It's funny. But it should help keep me occupied. At least temporarily. I will miss you, my rowdy boy. I will cry for you. But I will stay strong. I hope you enjoy your time with your father. And that he enjoys it, too. I will be here waiting untill you come back. And like I tell you: Mommy always comes back.
posted by The Devil @ 10:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Devil
Home: Somewhere in, Texas, United States
About Me: I'm a young mom, who stresses out far too much.
See my complete profile
Dear Diary
Past Indiscretions
Shoutbox

"Before you do anything, think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process."-Salma Hayek

The Ones I Adore
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER